Monday, March 22, 2010

Today I went to my colleague's house to see her newborn. She has three children including the baby. Her 2 oldest kids aged 5 and 4 came up to me and shook my hand. I said Hi kids. The mum told them to greet me. They said hi. The mum asked again to say hi, this time is hi what. They said hi big brother. I was like aww so cute. But then the mum said hey no u kids, its hi uncle. Hes an uncle. I was like wtf. To think back, what she said was true. Im indeed that old, and the mum who has three kids is close to my age and has a husband and has a superior rank and suddenly the visit became a wake up call if Ive done a lot during my time since im born on this Earth to the present state that Im in. The answer is NO. Thinking of it makes me even more pissed off as days go by. What a great reminder today. What an anecdote for my birthday that just went pass significantly :/